So as many of you know, Im a mom. A mom of FOUR children.
My two oldest are Madeline and Dylan. Pinky and the Brain. Except they are both genius and both insane!

Then there is Sadie (she was Joes... now she is ours!) She fits in quite well... she ain't right in the head!
And finally, last but not least... (and she will be the first to let you know it!) Annabelle
I kind of like the job. I have fun with it from time to time. Other times I want to move to another country and change my name. I deal with this by barking "MY NAME ISNT MOM ANYMORE! I CHANGED IT! AND IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS!" Then my children, if they are feeling particularly saucy, will start trying to guess my new name. Its hard to stay mad when I have children calling me Debbie, Lizzie, Reggie, Steve, Rumpelstiltskin, and Couch Cushion. They are little punks like that. But I digress.

Tuesday is his 31st birthday. Last year for his birthday dinner I made Swedish meatballs (his favorite!)and a Boston cream pie that looked like a record.
Pretty cool, right? He was psyched but really disappointed inside because he was hoping for a party. A surprise party. I had planned a surprise party and he found out about it. I had to stage an elaborate argument in which I told him that there would be no party and the plan was off... this was not easy because he was crushed. So the kids and I spent ALL DAY making this dinner and this cake. I made Boston cream pie from scratch. Joe did end up getting his surprise party after all. I just had to plan it in March. Lizzie came to visit so I sent Joe to the airport to pick her up, the guests arrived, he walked in the house and everyone yelled surprise and it was awesome. This year he had no surprise party but he did get an awesome birthday dinner.
I always ask him if he has any ideas for dinner. His response is always. "I dont know!" Dylan makes crazy dinner requests all the time and I feel that I must oblige because he actually asked. Joes response is always "why does he always get what he wants for dinner?" To which I always reply "Because he asked". And its always something odd that you wouldnt expect to be requested by a 7 year old. He is a brave explorer when in comes to food. Joe, not so much. So I was SHOCKED when he told me what he wanted for his birthday dinner. Maddy and I figured he would give me the "I dont know" again so we already planned to make swedish meatballs and boston cream pie. Then Dylan suggested banana cream pie. Thats another one of Joeys faves. I was torn. Maddy and I both had a simultaneous light bulb moment and rushed into the kitchen and blurted, at the same time, BANANA BOSTON CREAM PIE! So desert was set! But dinner... oh dinner. I asked Joey what he wanted for his birthday dinner and was blown away by his response. He did not answer with "I dont know"... no! He answered with something completely unexpected. BUT - Im not going to tell you about it in this blog. Im making you wait. To Be Continued... (it ensures that you will come back again to find out what he decided to ask for.) I also feel that this post is really long and you are probably tired of reading by now.
If you are saying to yourself "Why the hell would this be interesting enough to come back?" Just know that I wouldn't blog about it if it weren't EPIC! And nothing boring ever happens in our house. I will have part 2 for you this afternoon!







4 comments:
God, I love you.
I've resorted to "I changed my name to SHIT, and you can't say it!!" We really do share a brain.
I'm so glad you're blogging again. I really should pick up my random kid stories again.
Cheers to the most awesomest heterosexual life mate a girl could ask for!!!
*warm and fuzzy* I miss you! <3 I dont want to have to wait until next April to see you. BOOO!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your post! I think you already have your mojo back. I'm so excited....I just peed a little. Hahaha! Even though I totally know what Joey got for dinner, I am still going to come back multiple times today to check and see if you have posted it yet. Yay blogging!
this is whst you see when you cut Krang in half.
Post a Comment